What To Write in a Father’s Day Card
How to write a Father’s Day message: the basics
Sometimes the simplest messages are the best. Start by thanking your dad for everything he’s done for you and mention the important contributions he’s made in your life. Compliment his good qualities and tell him what you admire about him, or talk about your favourite memories from your time together.
Heartfelt Father’s Day messages
• Thank you for being there every day with the love and guidance I’ve needed.
• You are the best man I know.
• I am truly grateful to have you in my life.
• Thank you for always being there for me.
• I’m so proud to be your child.
• Thank you for all the wonderful things that you do – even if I don’t always notice them.
• You made growing up fun.
• Thanks for acting like a kid when I was a kid, acting like a friend when I needed a friend, and acting like a parent when I needed one.
• So glad we all share such fun times together!
• We admire the good man and wonderful father you are.
• You’re my hero and my role model.
• Thank you for always setting such a great example.
• I love you – happy Father’s Day!
Funny Father’s Day messages
• In honour of Father’s Day, I’m waiting until tomorrow to ask you to babysit.
• I smile because you’re my father. I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it.
• For Father’s Day, I promise that one day I will give you grandchildren who will annoy me as much as I annoyed you.
• Happy Father’s Day to a dad who was smart enough to teach his kid to mow the lawn so he wouldn’t have to.
Father’s Day messages for your grandfather
• Your influence has shaped me in so many ways.
• I hope you know how much I admire the man you are.
• I treasure all the memories we’ve created and look forward to all the time we’ve yet to spend together.
• You’re the thread which holds this family together.
• Thank you for all you’ve done to always make things better for us.
• No one else could ever take your place.
• I hope I can create as many good memories for my grandchildren as you have given me.
• Happy Father’s Day to a father who is really grand!
Father’s Day messages for a son or grandson
• I’m so lucky to have you as my son – and your kids are even more lucky to have you as their father.
• Seems like just yesterday you were a little boy yourself. Love seeing you grow into a dad!
• You’re a natural as a dad.
• Thank you for making me a happy grandparent!
• Now that you’re a father yourself, you’ll understand all the love and pride we felt for you.
Father’s Day messages for a brother or friend
Whether humorous or sincere, let your brother or friend know that you recognise what a great job they’re doing with their kids:
• I always knew you’d make a great dad someday. So now I get to say, I told you so!
• Hope you get time to relax and geek out this Father’s Day!
• Remember when you used to swear you’d never own a minivan?
Father’s Day messages for your husband or partner
• I can’t imagine anyone who’s a better father or more loving husband than you.
• We’re so lucky to have you in our lives.
• So glad you’re along with me on this crazy, fun ride.
• Thank you for always going above and beyond every day for our family.
• I’m so grateful for all the things you do.
• Seeing what a great dad you are makes me love you even more.
• One day is not enough to celebrate how special a father you are because you are amazing every day of the year.
Father’s Day messages for a stepfather or anyone who’s like a father to you
(Groan! The Cadburygiftsdirect.co.uk team love that one!!)
• You’ve always gone above and beyond to support me and celebrate the important moments in my life.
• Thank you for caring for me like a father and being such a positive influence in my life.
• As time goes on, our relationship gets stronger and stronger.
• I learn more from you with each passing year.
• Thank you for being such an amazing mentor to me and playing such an important role in my life.
• You’re the kind of man everyone needs in their lives.